KickStand is Knoxville's bike collective, an all volunteer organization dedicated to helping everyone with their bicycle-related needs. We meet weekly to repair bikes and to teach bike repair skills. We also refurbish donated bikes that are available to people in the community who can't afford to buy a new bike.
We are always looking for volunteers and used bikes. If you can help, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find us on Facebook at:
Saturday 12-2PM followed by a business meeting at 2PM
behind Fourth United Presbyterian Church
1323 North Broadway, Knoxville
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS -
* April 26 - EarthFest, World's Fair Park, time to be announced. We will have a table and may be doing bike repair.
* May 3 - Bicycle Rodeo, Victor Ashe Park, 9:00AM. Kids' Bike Rodeo hosted by the TPO and Health Department. Kickstanders are asked to volunteer.
* May 4 - Bicycle Festival, Market Square, afternoon. One of the biggest bike events in Knoxville. Booths will include Kickstand along with bike shops and other bike related activities. Kickstand is making a bicycle powered ice cream churn and have a booth. I think a parts swap booth is planned.
* May 10 - Vestival, Candoro Marble, time to be announced. Kickstand will be selling bicycles at this South Knoxville festival. A ride may be planned.
* May 17 - Kickstand Bike Festival, Fourth United Presbyterian Church, Broadway, afternoon. This is our own festival that we share with the church. There will be a neighborhood ride, shop open house, and all sorts of music and entertainment. Food to be announced.
- NEWS -
Saturday, 14 April 2014
We got a good start to our Monday when Michael Grider came by to donate a 9-speed cassette and a quick-release skewer. Both will be put to good use. Michael is thinking about volunteering and is a cyclist himself. He brought county mayor Tim Burchett with him. He and Tim looked around the shop and seemed a little impressed.
Chris & Brad were present when Michael dropped by. They spent the rest of the evening organizing the shed. (Well, mostly Chris.) Chris made a pretty good pad to ease head bumping on the top doorway.
Alex & Chantel were there and repaired a bike that needed a new front derailleur shifter among other things. Below is a pic that Chantel took of the shed after the re-organization